DESCRIPTION OF ELECTRONIC STATION (cont)
DISC/TAPE DRIVE ASSEMBLY 1A1O
(1) Disc/tape drive assembly 1A1O (Hewlett Packard HP 7914R) consists of a
chassis assembly, disc drive assembly, and tape drive assembly. Primary purpose of
the disc/tape drive assembly is to store the computer operating system software
(2) The chassis assembly provides the mounting support for the tape drive, disc
drive, CCA card cage, power supply, and fan assembly. Located on the rear is a
power on switch, HP-IB disc address switch, HP-IB tape address switch, two HP-IB
a power input receptacle and in-line fuse.
(3) The disc drive is located towards the rear of the chassis and accessed
through the top of the disc/tape drive assembly.
The disc can store 132.1 megabytes
Located on top of the disc drive are two locks; (1) spindle lock
and (2) actuator lock.
These locks must be in the OPERATE position to use the disc
During transportation or shipment, these locks must be set to the SHIP
position to prevent damage to the disc and drive assembly.
(4) The tape drive is located at the front of the disc/tape drive assembly.
Information can be loaded onto the disc through the tape drive. A DC600 type tape
cartridge is used with this unit.
Tape drive control and indicators are located on
the front panel.
They consist of an eject lever, UNLOAD switch, BUSY indicator,
PROTECT indicator, restore switch, and save switch.
Refer to controls and
indicators for a functional description of these controls and indicators.
(5) An air filter is located behind the front cover. Air is drawn into the
unit from the front and exhausted through the rear.
The front panel is removed by
pulling it forward.
(6) Physical Characteristics:
Weight: 148 lb
(7) Power requirements:
120 vac +5%, -10%, 48 to 66 Hz
700 watts maximum power required.