2-38.1 DISC/TAPE DRIVE ASSEMBLY 1A1O REPLACEMENT (cont)
Remove screw (12), lockwasher (13),
washer (14), ground lead (15), and
At rear of unit, remove chain
connecting cable tray to disc drive
by removing screw and chain from disc
Remove front panel (4) by grasping
and pulling panel off.
Remove four screws (5), lockwashers
(6), and washers (7).
Pull out disc/tape drive (8) assembly
until slide assemblies lock in place.
10. Lock actuator by moving actuator lock
lever (9) to SHIP.
11. Loosen screw (10) using 115 star
driver and move spindle lock lever
(11) to SHIP.
12. Tighten screw (10) to 20 in-lb.
UNIT WEIGHS APPROXIMATELY 148 POUNDS.
UNIT MUST BE SUPPORTED WHEN REMOVING
13. Position chassis lift (17) under
disc/tape drive (8) and raise hoist
until drive weight is supported by
14. Remove three screws (18) on each side
of the disc/tape drive securing
slides to drive assembly.
15. Use chassis lift and raise drive
assembly off of slide rails (19).
Ensure unit has been raised above
guide pins of slide rails.
16. Retract slides into cabinet.