1-8. Description of Shelter
TPX-50. Following is a list of items required. Refer to
The shelter is an Electronic Equipment Shelter S-280B/
a. TO OIS.
G, modified for AN/TSM-126A application. Mainte-
(1) Tool Kit, Electronic Equipment TK-100/G
nance and repair procedures are covered in TB 750-240.
The shelter is modified as described below.
(2) Tool Kit, Electronic Equipment TK-105/G
a. Exterior. The front of the shelter contains an ad-
justable louvered panel. The louvers are adjustable by a
(3) Repair Kit, Printed Wire Board MK-772/U
handle which can be locked in place to prevent wind
gusts from closing them. The door is located at the rear
of the shelter. The air conditioner and heater fuel intake
(5) Heat Gun Master Appliances HG-501L (NSN
line are located at the left of the door (fig. l-l). The
heater exhaust cap (deep fording cap) is located at the
(6) Kit Tool: Master Deluxe; General Cement
roadside, rear (fig. 1-1). The power entrance connector,
Company Type 8283, 25 Alignment Tools (NSN 5120-
input power reset button, and air conditioner circuit
breaker are located at the rear, near the curbside (fig.
b. Test Equipment.
b. Interior. The pullout drawers are secured in place
during transportation by the lift-to-release mechanisms
on the drawers. The swing-open doors are held in place
by lock-type latches.
(3) Voltmeter, Electronic ME-202B/U (NSN 6625-
(1) Front (fig. 1-4). The forward working area, ex-
haust fan, schematic holder, and forward work area
lamp are located at the front of the shelter. Test
Facilities Set AN/TPM-24 (V) 3 is located under the
(5) Attenuator, Fixed, 10 DB CN-1024/U (NSN
forward area workbench.
(2) Curbside (fig. 1-5). The curbside contains
(6) Power Supply PP-2953A/U (NSN 6130-00-
various rack-mounted test equipments, a work area,
toolkit, work area lamp, emergency light, and a first aid
kit. It also contains storage cabinets and drawers, in-
cluding a cable reel under the workbench.
(8) Test Facilities Set AN/TPM-24(V)3 (NSN
(3) Roadside (fig. 1-3). The roadside contains the
AN/TPX-50 hot-mockup, additional test equipments,
(9) Interrogator Set AN/TPX-50(NSN 5859-00-
and storage drawers. On the floor is a field safe, and
Power Supply PP-2953 (*)/U, which provides the 28-
(10) Adapter, Rf Pickup Probe. (Fabricated with
vdc power source for the AN/TPX50.
Adapter UG-625B/U (NSN 5935-00-552-7660) and
(4) Rear (fig. 1-6). The circuit breakers, filter
No. 16 AWG bar wire, for use with Generator, Sweep
panel, temperature and power controls, and fire ex-
Signal AN/USM-203A. See figure 5-2, TM 11-6625-
403-15-1 for additional details.)
tinguisher are located at the rear curbside of the shelter.
The space heater and other minor components are
(11) Radar Test Set AN/TPM-25A (NSN 6625-
located at the rear roadside of the shelter (fig. 1-7).